January 31, 2012

Style Log: Doggy Toes & Pencil Skirts {10 & 2 Challenge}

Misfit #5: Grey Skirt
After I put this in the challenge, I thought hmm, maybe I shouldn't have.  I'm not going to get rid of it, because I do like it.  So, in the instance of this misfit the question is: Does it need altered or not?

{Shirt/F21 :: Skirt/Kohl's :: Boots/Worthington via Jc Penny}

 
 

 

Initial Thoughts
I thought this outfit looked pretty cute when I left the house.  I was excited to wear my new lace shirt {isn't it adorable!}, but I wanted to change my tights!  I meant to wear my purple ones!  These ones looked purpleish until I put them on, then they just looked pink. Oh well.  I also was feeling good about the skirt when I left the house.
After Thoughts
Oh my!  Okay, I don't hate this outfit, but I don't love it.  The good thing is, that until I saw these photos I thought I looked awesome, so I walked around all confident all day, haha!  Then, I saw these photos and it just doesn't work.  I should have worn my white sweater tights or the darker purple ones.  I just feel like the ivory shirt sticks out like a sore thumb.  Speaking of a sore thumb, the groomer clipped one of Theo's toe nails too short, so I've been dealing with a bleeding dog toe/nail the last couple of days! Gross...and my poor puppy!  Okay, so the skirt.  Still think it's cute, but I'm just not sure about the shape.  Sometimes it feels boxy to me.  Maybe I should take it in a bit and taper it more?
Final Verdict
I am definitely keeping this skirt, but I don't know if I want to alter it or not.  So, I need your help?  Am I being paranoid, does it look good?  OR should I take in the sides a smidge and taper it into my knees more?
xo, kass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...