November 17, 2011

Thursday Eats: Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup


Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup 

This is crazy yummy and super thick, I don’t even know if it should be called a soup. In fact it almost reminds me of mashed potatoes. Either way, you can enjoy it as a side or main dish. :) Just fyi, this makes a HUGE batch!


What you need:


30 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns
3 cans of chicken broth
Pepper
Velveeta Cheese
Canned/Frozen veggies of your choice




What you do:

1. Add hashbrowns and broth into the croc pot. Add pepper to taste. Let cook on low for 4-6 hours.
2. Add in cubed velveeta cheese. How much you add is completely up to you. I think I used about ⅓ of a small brick. However, next time I will be adding more! I like things cheesy! Let this cook until cheese is melted, probably another 30 min or so. 3. If you have frozen veggies add them now with the cheese. If you have canned or fresh veggies, just add them a few minutes before serving to heat through.









 Review: This is good, but super thick. I’d maybe consider adding even more chicken broth, or some cream cheese right at the end [I’ve seen this on this recipe before - only add before serving!] I added more chicken broth on day two, along with some carrots and it was fantastic! Overall, super easy and super yummy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...