September 29, 2011

DIY Book Wreath

Hello All!

My little business trip went very well, but now I am back to the regular grind. Anyway, how about a DIY post?

Okay, so I have been seeing these Book Page Wreaths all around the blogosphere and I absolutely love them! After looking at a couple different styles, I finally decided on the one by Living with Lindsay.


I essentially followed her instructions, so I won’t go into much detail. I’ll just give you a quick over view and show you some fun pictures!  Be sure to check out Lindsay's blog post for a full tutorial!
What I used:  A couple books, some spray paint for the edges (sort of like in Lindsay's), a foam wreath, hot glue gun
 This is that first step where you glue the rolls to the back first, then flip it over and start adding more to the wreath. 
 Getting a bit fuller now...
 And FINISHED!!!

I do think I made mine “tighter” so to speak, b/c I definitely ran out of book! I had another book that I sorta filled some spaces in with. I’m pretty happy with the result, but I have a feeling I’m going to add a bit more to the center to cover up some ugly parts. You can’t really tell in the picture, but in the center you can see where I glued some pieces. I'm not going to lie, took much longer than I expected, but I used a larger wreath.  For the loop to hang it I plan on just used some hemp twine I have. I think it will look nice with the book pages. Then, since I rent and don’t want holes I will be using a 3M removable hook and attach it to the inside of my door. I’m not 100% sure I'll like it there, I may put it on the adjacent wall. Anyway, if you have any questions about what I did, or any thoughts/suggestions, just let me know!

For now, I’m off to work on another project - one that has been in the works for awhile. I can’t wait!

peace, kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...