March 6, 2012

11 things...


 All right, I’m jumping on the bandwagon. Mainly, just because it’s fun, but also because it reminds me of my teenage years...and myspace. :)

The "technical" rules for this dealie are:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.


Off we go...11 random things you may or may not know about me! 

1. I used to play the French horn. Ha, yea...for like 12 years or something crazy like that. In my late middle school to early high school years I actually thought it might be something I’d want to pursue professionally on some level. I sold it {the horn} 2 years ago, because I never played it, but I’ve been regretting that decision ever since!

2. I do not want children, ever. I say ever, because you’re never supposed to say never. And really, who knows, maybe in a few years that yearning to raise little humans will kick in, but I’m not holding my breath. I would advise all hopeful family members to stop holding their breaths as well. Every once in awhile I have a fleeting thought about how it would be fun to have a cute little redheaded girl, but then I stop and laugh. Kids are a pain and lots of work...and bah. I mean, I’m all for parenthood if that’s something both parents want, but it’s just not something I ever see myself doing...or desiring to do. I prefer canine children. :)

3. I only sleep on flannel sheets. No, it’s not cause I’m always cold. I just don't like sleeping with socks on and I dislike the feel of new cotton sheets on my feet. It makes my skin crawl. I don’t know how else to explain it. If the sheets are old and worn {like some hand me downs I got from my mom}, then I might be able to handle it. However, I have like 3 sets of flannel sheets so I just rotate those.

4. I have one sibling, my little brother, Zach. And, he’s 10 years younger than me. Well...9 years 9 months and...16 days! Lol. I feel like this is more common now, I actually have a friend who’s my age and her little brother is Zach’s age. Anyway, it made for interesting dynamics while growing up and still does occasionally. It’s like you want to be close-ish cause you're siblings, but the age gap is so significant that we don’t have a lot to talk about...especially while he’s 17. :P

5. My toenails are almost always painted. I think my feet look huge with bare toenails...or just sort of weird, so I always keep them painted. Haha!

6. I always spell wierd wrong. That’s how I spell it, right there. Spell check always has to catch it for me. I know it’s spelled wrong when I look at it, but I seem to always have to misspell it first to catch my mistake.

7. I despise doing dishes. To a fault. My kitchen counter is always piled with dishes, it’s gross I know. This is probably why I’m not a fan of the “pop-in” or “drop-by”. (You know when someone you know just randomly shows up at your house with out any sort of warning. Dude, that’s what cell phones are for!)

8. My job title is “GIS Coordinator” and I have to explain it 95% of the time. Which makes me feel like my job is extra special and important, lol. (It’s not really, but that’s okay!)

9. I have four tattoos. Two of them I got when I was 18/19, so they weren’t super thought through, lol. My third is on my foot and is the kanji symbol for “Friend” with wings on either side. I got this with two of my best friends, so it’s pretty special to me. I got my fourth last year and it’s probably my favorite. It’s on the top of my shoulder and says “Tada gan irracht”, which is Irish Gaelic for “Nothing without effort”. The saying itself really resonates with me and the language is a nod at part of my heritage.

10. Okay, this is by far the most {and hopefully only} truly narcissistic thing about me. I love my red hair...and am strangely proud of it (I think this is the case for a lot of red heads). It’s just something that sets me apart and makes me feel special and unique. Being a red head is definitely part of my personality. I also think {fellow gingers correct me if I’m wrong} that it’s sort of like being in secret little club, we flock to each other, haha!

11. Last and probably least interesting...I make lists, incessantly. I feel like I’m always unorganized {I’m not really, but my brain is} and lists help me chill and prioritize. Half the time I don’t even refer to them after I write them, just the act of making them helps me out.


Danielle's 11 questions that I found on Delightfully Tacky and Orchid Grey

1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
This is a toughie. I think I’d want to pursue photography more seriously. I really enjoy it as a hobby, however it would be awesome to make a career out of it. I also think it could be fun to own a coffee shop/cocktail bar. :)

2. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day?
Getting off work. Haha, is that sad? Meh, true story. I will add to it though, everyday when I get off work I got home to the cutest little dog that is always happy to see me!

 3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
Oh geez, I don’t have ONE all time fav. Can I do like a top 5 list? And honestly, my favorites change a lot and I love a lot more blogs out there, but I make a definite point to read these ladies’ blogs! In no particular order: Bright Side Dweller, Feathers & Freckles, The Daily Fashionista, Delightfully Tacky, two birds, Selective Potential, & (studs & pearls). Opps, that was seven...meh, whatever. :P

 4. Biggest online pet peeve?
Well, I think it’s pretty much what everyone else has been putting here. Negativity. I just “love” when I’m reading a blog or new article (esp. on CNN.com, ha) and some makes some comment about how said blog/article is stupid and/or irrelevant and/or not news worthy, etc. etc. etc. AND how they don’t care and no one else cares. Well...okay, if you don’t care then why are you reading and making some nasty comment? If you don’t care, then please just move along. Thankyouverymuch.

5. What is your all-time favorite book?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

6. What would your “last meal” be?
Man, this is an INSANE question. It’s so funny, because I’m generally known as being “picky”, but I love food so much. If it’s my LAST meal I’m going to stuff myself beyond recognition and have a little bit of all my favorites. I don’t care what order I receive these in, I will happily eat it all. Okay...calamari, alfredo with broccoli, sushi {specifically the White Russian roll from Konomi in Iowa City}, a tender top sirloin grilled to medium, garlic cheesy mashed potatoes and for dessert some sort of chocolate brownie explosion...with strawberries or raspberries. Yep, I think that would work.

7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not at all.  You may have had lust or attraction at first site, but unless you spend time getting to know someone, getting to know who they really are and what they are all about. Well, then there is no possible way you can love them. Teenagers throw the L-bomb around too much, drives me crazy.

8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
Sleeping in just a little late, but not too long. It would be warm, Brian and I would make ourselves a nice breakfast...maybe pancakes or crepes, ooo or french toast! Then we’d take Theo for a little walk. Yes, that sounds nice. :)

9. Why do you blog?
Lots of reasons, but what is coming to my mind right now is...for a creative outlet and for the community! Besides, it’s fun! But yea, I really do have a dull job {most of the time} and so it’s nice to have an outlet to share my creative side.

10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?
Eck, no way. So I have to be dressed head to toe in one color? I do not wish to live in such a world! Okay, assuming I get to still wear regular jeans with this one color....purple I guess. :P

 11. What is your all-time favorite band?
Gosh, another hard question. How obvious is it that I’m super indecisive?? I go through phases. I’ve always loved No Doubt, but their last couple albums didn’t thrill me. I also used to love The Spill Canvas, and I still do, but I rarely listen to them anymore. For the past year or so, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals have been dominating my playlist. Sooo...gah, but all-time? Okay, I’ll say No Doubt. (but I don’t think that accurately describes my current music tastes!)

  
 If you want to do this, go ahead! And link me to your post in the comments, so I can read your post! I’m lazy, so the are my 11 questions as well. Plus, they are good ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...