December 7, 2011

Recipe: Cinnamon Vodka

I’ve been wanting to make infused vodka for awhile now and I decided to finally try it! You can use lots of different things for infused vodka [like fruit!], just do a little online research and you will find many helpful tips. I finally settled on cinnamon [although I almost did pineapple], because I thought it would be good for the holidays


 
What you need: 
Vodka 
Cinnamon Sticks 
Funnel 
Strainer 
Clean, air tight bottles/jars  
*How much you need of everything really depends on how much you are making



 1. Clean and sterilize your bottles. I had saved some liqueur bottles from over the last year or so [not sure why, but I’m glad I did!] So, I just took all the labels off of those and clean them up.



2. Put 2-4 cinnamon sticks in each bottle. I put 2 in to start, but I think I will be adding 1-2 more half way through.



3. Use the funnel and pour the vodka into your clean bottles. {FYI - I bought a big jug of cheap vodka. On a second thought, it might be worth getting pricier vodka. I’m not sure, but I’ll report back on the flavor.}



4. Let the vodka steep [infuse] for 3 weeks. I think you could let it sit less or more, but most sources I found said 2-4 weeks.

5. Strain your vodka. I haven’t done this part yet, but I’ll report back. I plan on straining it into a jug, then using my funnel to pour it back into the two bottles.

There you have it! I found some cute cordial glasses at the thrift store to go with the vodka and I plan on making a cutesy label for the bottle. My vodka has been sitting for about 5 days now and it’s a brownish golden color. It still smells mostly like vodka to me. I think I’ll wait about another 5 days and then add some more cinnamon, because I prefer a stronger flavor.

Definitely let me know if you try this!

Happy Wednesday! Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...