November 10, 2011

Thursday Eats: Easy Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken

Welcome to Thursday Eats!

Every Thursday I will be having a little installment called “Thursday Eats” where I will usually share a recipe I like. Occasionally, I may also talk about some spectacular food I ate or give you some baking/cooking tips I find valuable. Not that I’m an expert on cooking or baking, but I am an expert on finding what I need on the Internet. I’m also an expert at hoarding stuff via pinterest, so I have a plethora of information to share with you!

On to the recipe! I read a few different [but similar] recipes online and came up with this bad boy. Enjoy!

Easy Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken




Servings: I’d guess about 4, maybe more. My boyfriend always has seconds [and even thirds at times, like last night] and there was still enough left for my lunch today.

You will need:

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
2 cans of Broccoli Cheese soup
Veggies of your choosing [I used carrots]
Spices of your choosing [I used onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper]
Sour Cream [optional]
Refrigerated Biscuits
Crock pot


1. Put your chicken breasts in the crock pot. You can put them in frozen! Or if you want to thaw them up, cut the chicken into chunks now. It will save you from doing it later.

2. Add all 3 cans of soup and whatever vegetables you chose. Although, depending on the type of veggies you chose, you may want to add them later so they don’t get over cooked. Use your own judgement!

3. Now add your spices. I rarely measure these, I just shake a little on until it smells “right”. :)

4. Let this cook in your crock on high for about 4-6 hours. Be sure to check that your chicken is fully cooked before serving!

5. When the chicken mixture is about ready, put your biscuits in the oven.

6. Cut up or shred up your chicken. You will probably have to take it out of the crock pot if you want to cut it into chunks. To shred it, just grab two forks and tear at it in the crock.

7. If you want to add some sour cream, do it right before serving. you don’t need the sour cream in the recipe, it’s just an extra. I’d say add about ½ cup, but again I just “eyeballed” it. Don’t worry, I’m nearly positive you can’t screw this dinner up!

8. Serve chicken mixture over the biscuits and enjoy!

Look for an outfit post later!
Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...