October 6, 2011

Recipe: Apple Chips!

Good afternoon!

From now on I will be posting a yummy recipe every Thursday!  I'm definitely not the greatest cook, but I get by. :)  Plus, cooking for yourself is cheaper and usually healthier than going out.

So, I'm what you would call a "grazer" - I like to snack throughout the day.  I obviously try to keep healthy snacks around, but sometimes it's just a pain and much easier to grab some potato chips or something chocolatey.   My friend sent me this recipe the other day and I think it would be awesome to make these in bulk and keep around in ziplocks for a nice little snack!  Enjoy!

Apple Chips

You need:
4 Apples [really you can use how ever many apples you want!]
1/2 cp. Brown Sugar
1 cp. Water
Cinnamon
Saucepan
Paper towels

1.  Preheat the oven to 250°
2.  First slice up the apples very thin.

3.  In a saucepan dissolve the brown sugar in the water over low heat.
4.  Dunk the apple slices in the brown sugar mixture for at least 30 seconds.  I left mine sitting while I cut up the next apple.

5.  Take the apple slices out and lay them on the paper towel to soak up any excess water.

6.  Arrange the apples on a covered sheet [I recommend spraying it, not just foil!].
7.  This is optional, but then I sprinkled cinnamon and some extra brown sugar on top of my apples.
8.  Put apples in oven and bake for 2-3 hours, or until crispy!  Enjoy!


peace, kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...