Hola! So last night I made this taco pasta from Plain Chicken - just with a few changes. Basically, I was trying to make it healthier/less calories, and well whatever I figured I'd share what I did. The mister gave it two thumbs up [which is rare from him on pasta/hamburger helper like dishes]!
A maybe healthier Taco Pasta, but maybe not ha!
1 lb ground turkey
8 oz pasta shells
1 green onion, chopped (or more depending on your tastes!)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup of salsa (use a bean one for more protein!)
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning (really, you could probably get buy on half a packet!)
3 oz of fat free cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese, both have less cals than regular!)
1/2 cup of light sour cream
Shredded cheese for topping (even better would be to skip this, but I still used it!)
1. Get your water boiling and cook pasta. When you drain it, save 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
2. While pasta is going brown your turkey.
3. Once the turkey is nearly done add your onion. Cook meat through, add the garlic and saute.
4. Next, mix in the salsa and the taco seasoning. Simmer for about 5 min.
5. Now mix in your cream cheese, sour cream, pasta and pasta water. Keep stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended.
Top with a bit of shredded cheese and some salsa if desired. Serve and enjoy! :)