March 5, 2012

Music Monday!

Music plays a huge roll in my day to day and I'm always on the hunt for new{to me} bands.  I love how music can envoke very specific and sometimes very strong emotions, it's inspiring.  In any case, I thought I'd share a few of my current favorite bands. 

I've been in love with this band for the last couple of years, they are so good!  They are a husband-wife indie pop duo from the US.  They've been producing music as the Mates since 1996 and their most recent release was Mountaintops, last September.  Although, I think my favorite album is Re-Arrange Us!  They just have such an interesting and unique sound...gah!  Go ahead...listen and begin to fall in love! <3




Ohmygosh, this is such a great band and I have such a huge girl crush on their awesome front girl! :P

"Grace Potter and the Nocturnals are like a modern-day version of Tina Turner stroking the microphone in a spangled mini-dress while fronting the Rolling Stones circa Sticky Fingers." via gracepotter.com

So true!  This band had such an awesome sound!  It's sort of a bluesy rock sound, when I first listen to the self named album all the way through I was surprised by the diversity.  Soooo great! :)

This is a really cool, special, acoustic version of my favorite song!


Old Crow Medicine Show
Another great band!  They have a folksy rocker sound...and honestly when I heard them and then looked up a video for the first time I was surprised that they were young. Haha!  I believe they've been band since the late 90s, but I only discovered them a few years ago.  This is one band I would love to see live!



 ---------------
I don't know if "Music Monday" is going be a weekly thing or not, but possibly.  I think I'm going to be playing around with the "blog schedule" and such in the next few weeks, so just bear with me please! 
{And also, if you see a post you particularly like, then tell me!}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...