1/2 cup Carrots, chopped
1/2 cup Celery, chopped
1 cup of long grain rice, cooked
1/2 lb cooked beef
1/2 lb of Velveeta, cubed
1 can of Chicken Broth, low sodium
1 1/2 cup of skim milk
1. First brown your beef. I browned up a whole lb (cuz I had it!) and saved half for tacos!
2. Chop up your veggies, cube the cheese and get your rice cooking.
3. Add the veggies and chicken broth into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer (uncovered) until veggies are tender.
4. Next add beef, rice and milk. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, do not allow mixture to boil. Stir occasionally
5. Add cheese cubes and cook on low/medium until melted, stirring occasionally.
This recipe makes about 4 servings, each around 240 calories! I like to freeze a couple cups in those little one serving tupperware things, then you have a super easy lunch! (sort of like the potato soup, lol)
(FYI, I got this recipe out of a Taste of Home Diet Cookbook and just adapted it a bit.)